19 Ways to Make House Guests Comfortable That You've Never Even Thought Of
- Dec 20, 2022
If you enjoy having house guests, you’re always looking for ways to make them comfortable in your home. Here’s a list of fresh ideas to inspire you, room by room! Try out the ones that complement your tried-and-true techniques. The perfect combination will result in comfortable guests and a happy host!
1. Make welcome baskets. The more personal the goodies, the better. Stuff baskets with guests’ favorite childhood snacks. If you can’t find baskets, gift bags are no less pleasing when filled with treats that make guests’ hearts sing. Refrigerate perishables.
2. Keep dietary restrictions in mind when planning meals. Ask guests about sensitivities ahead of time if you’re unsure. They’ll appreciate it. Being unaware of a visitor’s peanut or seafood allergy could have serious consequences.
3. Fold plush bath towels into swans, spa-style. You’ll enjoy doing it, and guests will love posting them on Instagram. Minimal effort; maximum smiles!
4. A few travel-size fancy toiletries won’t break the bank and will make house guests feel special. Remind guests they’re theirs to take home.
5. Don’t forget about night lights. Guests, young and old, can get confused or hurt looking for the bathroom in a dark, unfamiliar house.
6. If you’re hosting a bad sleeper, give them the bedroom with the window coverings that block out the most light. Controlling the amount of light in a room is a must for creating a sleep oasis — a bedroom equipped to promote restfulness and quality sleep. Well-rested guests are pleasant, energetic guests.
7. A sleeping mask is an inexpensive solution if an exceptionally dark room isn’t available. It turns any environment into a peaceful, light-free zone for the wearer.
8. Controlling a bedroom’s nighttime temperature is another must-have for establishing a sleep oasis. Temperatures between 60 and 67 degrees F can create a better sleeping environment. If your guest room or area runs a little too cool or too warm, consider a multi-funtional heater and fan, like the Honeywell VersaHeat 2-in-1 Heater + Fan.
9. A smart speaker, paired with smart plugs, will enable guests to control lights using voice commands from the comfort of their bed.
10. Make a calming music playlist and furnish it to guests via the smart speaker.
11. A selection of books will please the literary-minded and those who fall asleep upon opening a book in soft light.
12. Consider letting an air purifier do double duty for you. White noise helps some fall and stay asleep. And in addition to its tranquil, sleep-promoting UltraQuiet Technology, the Honeywell Designer Series HEPA Tower helps clean the air of dust and certain other non-living airborne allergens. It provides HEPA air purification for medium-large rooms, changing the air 4.8 per hour in rooms up to 190 square feet. After your guests return home, an air purifier will continue serving your household.
13. Essential oils can help lift your mood. The Honeywell Designer Series HEPA Tower features an essential oil tray for optional aromatherapy.
14. A room’s humidity can be a vital contributor to occupants’ comfort. Sleeping with a humidifier’s moisture can temporarily relieve chapped lips and dry skin and keep nasal passages and throats hydrated. Honeywell Humidifier Ultrasonic technology offers quiet operation for peaceful sleep. Honeywell humidifiers can be used in bedrooms of all sizes.
15. Having dependable internet is required. While occasional digital detoxing is recommended, visitors might have to work online. Such is modern life. Be supportive. Want to be a hero? Have chargers available for guests’ phones — and maybe even a universal power converter-adapter for visitors from outside the U.S.
16. Leave a fresh pitcher of water and clean glassware on your guest’s nightstand to ensure they’re hydrated and have access to water to take any nighttime or morning medications. The PUR PLUS 7 Cup Pitcher is a sleek option for great-tasting water.
17. Plan quiet time for the house during sleeping hours, kids’ naps, or if you or a guest are remote-working.
18. Child-proof the house. Stow precious breakables. Cover your swimming pool securely. And feel secure.
19. Have pets? Vacuum dander and other microscopic, airborne allergens from carpets, furniture, and drapes before guests arrive. A Honeywell Air Purifier can help clean indoor air stirred up by vacuum cleaners without HEPA filtration.
Consider adding a Honeywell Air Purifier or Humidifier to any of the rooms in your house. You and your guests will breathe easier.