Preparing The Perfect Holiday Guest Room
- Apr 20, 2021
Spending time with family and friends is the best part of the holiday season – but having them stay overnight at your home can be stressful, not only for you, but for your guests, too. Here are 5 easy ways to prepare your guest room so that holiday guests feel right at home.
1. Create a comforting retreat
After their time spent traveling, be sure to give guests a comfortable place to rest.
- Put down throw rugs on hard surface floors to ease tired feet.
- Don’t forget to swap out any bed linens that haven’t been changed recently.
- Ensure that each guest has a few bed pillows so they can customize their comfort.
2. Remember easy-to-forget items
Traveling is hard enough, not to mention remembering to bring everything you’ll need. Provide guests with a few of those “I can’t believe I forgot my ___” items.
- Stock the bathroom with new, sample sizes of shampoo, soap, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste and dental floss.
- Put a phone charging cable on the nightstand and leave a sticky-note with your wi-fi password on it so guests can save it on their devices.
- Save your guests a trip back to the kitchen by putting a few bottles of water in their room.
3. Add spa-like touches
You don’t have to be a 5-star hotel to make guests feel special – just a few items will do the trick!
- Provide small bottles of some of your favorite lotions to soothe dry skin.
- Place flameless candles in the room so guests can create a cozy ambiance for relaxation.
- A vase of allergy-friendly flowers or a holiday-themed plant can help your guests feel extra welcome.
4. Personalize the space
Make the room more like home by including treats tailored to your guests.
- Leave a small bowl of holiday candies or a $5 gift card to your favorite coffee shop.
- Place one of your favorite new books or magazines on the nightstand for a bookworm.
- Put out a photo album of pictures that visiting family might not have seen.
5. Layer on the coziness
Help guests stay extra cozy in their room with a few warming touches.
- Put a portable heater in the room so guests can have extra warmth when they need it.
- Provide extra blankets on the bed in case there’s a chill at night.
- Leave out a new pair of holiday-themed fuzzy socks for each guest, to keep toes toasty.
With a little bit of thoughtfulness and preparation, you and your holiday guests can enjoy a more relaxing visit, and your time together will be that much cozier.
Check out a wide range of Honeywell portable heaters and give everyone in your home the perfect level of warmth this holiday season.