We are currently experiencing higher than normal call and email volumes, please visit our support page to find answers to common questions.
Get ready for chillier days ahead with a few tips to keep you warmer and safer, at home and while you’re in your car.
Tips for your home
1. Block drafts around doors and windows.
Stay warmer and save on your energy bill by weatherproofing your home’s doors and windows. It will help keep drafts out during winter and trap cool air inside during hotter months, ensuring year-round energy savings.
2. Have your chimney or flue inspected.
There’s nothing like gathering around the fireplace or wood stove for a cozy night in, but before your first fire of the season, be sure you’ve had a professional inspection done on your chimney and flue.
3. Have a personal heater accessible.
A personal heater is a great, economical way to heat just the room you’re using. You can keep your home’s thermostat lower to save money, and then use a personal heater to create cozy comfort wherever you are.
Honeywell offers a wide range of personal heaters with advanced safety features and usage options, helping you stay warmer, safely and efficiently.
Tips for your car
Make a winter emergency kit.
Aside from year-round necessities like jumper cables and warning triangles, put a small bag in your trunk with some extra gear for winter travel. You never know when a weather emergency could hit!
Tips for staying warm in cold weather
1. Increase your body temperature with a warm cup of tea, coffee, cocoa or cider.
2. Dress in loose layers, with lighter layers closest to your body and heavier layers on top. A knit cap will help you increase your warmth level even further.
3. Bring your pets indoors as temperatures drop. If it’s too cold for you to be outside, then it’s likely too cold for your pet.
4. Move around to warm up your body and to stir heat in the room. Sitting still can actually leave you feeling colder!
5. Use a personal heater with safety features to warm only the room you’re in. You can save on your energy bill without sacrificing your comfort.
Check out the wide variety of Honeywell personal heaters and help keep your whole family warmer this winter.