Question: Can extension cords be used with heaters?
Answer: You should avoid the use of an extension cord as it may overheat. The HHF250 Heater should always be plugged directly into a wall outlet. DO NOT use with an extension cord or relocatable power tap (outlet/power strip.)
Question: Can I use my heater in the bathroom?
Answer: No, this heater is not designed for use in a bathroom or other humid areas, such as a laundry room or an open porch. Not only is there a risk of electrocution in moist environments, but damp locations, especially bathrooms, create a situation where moisture can collect on the heating element. Over time this moisture can cause serious damage to the element and the heater. Using this heater in the bathroom will void the warranty.
Question: How do I clean my heater?
Answer: We recommend your heater be cleaned at least once a month and before off-season storage. Please do not attempt to disassemble your heater in order to clean. It should only be cleaned on its external surfaces ONLY using a soft, dry cloth. Be sure your heater is unplugged and in the OFF position before cleaning.
Question: The heater was running fine and now won’t run, what should I do?
There are a few reasons your heater shut off unexpectedly or fails to operate. One of the following safety features may have been activated to prevent overheating: Be sure your heater is plugged in and the electrical outlet is working Check your Thermostat Control setting. The unit may be off because you reached your desired heat setting Check for any obstructions. If you find and obstruction, turn the heater OFF and unplug it. Allow the heater to cool completely, then remove the obstruction. Wait at least 10 minutes before plugging the heater back in and follow the OPERATION instructions. Because heaters are running at such high wattage, inconsistencies in power could trip an internal breaker. Try unplugging the unit and leaving it unplugged for about 20 minutes. This should reset the unit. Also, if there is more than one heater connected on the same circuit in the house, it could trip the circuit breaker and shut the unit and other appliances connected on that circuit.