You are now being redirected to everydropwater.com. EveryDrop™ by Whirlpool® features superior PUR water filtration technology. Proceed to Everydropwater.com to complete your purchase
Installing or Replacing HEPA Filter & Pre-Filter
New air purifiers have their filters wrapped to ensure purity and are labeled to help identify the proper replacement filter. See below for help on finding your replacement filters.
For Tabletop Air Purifiers, follow these instructions:
- Before using your new air purifier you must remove the wrappers covering the filters and pre-filter.
- Make sure the air purifier is OFF and unplugged.
- Turn the air purifier upside down on a flat surface. The filter is visible from the bottom of the unit.
- Remove the Certified HEPA Filter by grasping the filter from the finger notches. There are small molded tabs that secure the filter in place and prevent it from slipping out of the unit.
- Pull away from tabs and up to remove. When removing a used filter that is not wrapped in plastic, pull the red tab to remove.
- Remove the protective plastic wrap from the HEPA Filter and Pre-Filter.
- Install the Pre-Filter first by sliding it in behind the front grille of the air purifier and securing it in the molded slots.
- Install the Certified HEPA Filter by sliding it in the opening on bottom of the air purifier. Ensure that the red tab is accessible for easy removal.
For Tower Air Purifiers, follow these instruction:
- Before using your new air purifier you must remove the wrapper covering the filter(s).
- Make sure the air purifier is OFF and unplugged. While pressing on the tab at the top of the rear grille, pull the grille towards you and remove it from the unit and set it aside.
- Grasp the sides of each filter frame near its top end and pull outward.
- Repeat for the second filter if applicable.
- Remove protective wrap from the filter(s).
- Place the HEPA Filter(s) into the air purifier housing with the arrows pointing toward the unit. Insert the bottom edge of the filter frame and press the top of the filter down and inward until the filter is firmly in place. Repeat for the second filter if applicable.
- Next install the Household Gas & Odor Reducing Pre-Filter that is supplied within the air purifier or replacement filter that you have purchased. It will be wrapped in plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
- Remove the pre-filter from the protective plastic bag.
- Secure the pre-filter under the pre-filter clips on the inside of the rear grille.
- Replace the rear grille by lining up the tab at the bottom of the grille with the slot in the air purifier.
- Push the top of the grille towards the unit until it snaps in place. Snap the filter grille back into place.
When to Change the Filter
Most Honeywell Air Purifiers have a “Filter Check/Reset” indicator that alerts you when it is time to change the filter.
As a general rule:
Pre-filters should be replaced every 3 months.
HEPA filters should be changed every 12 months.
Note: These replacement intervals are intended as guidelines only. Performance of any filter media is dependent upon the concentration of contaminants going through the system. High concentrations of contaminants such as dust, pet dander, and smoke will reduce the useful performance of the filters.
How to Reset the Filter Light
When the filter check light remains on and solid, it is time to replace the Odor Reducing Pre-Filter and reset the filter monitor. With the unit powered ON, press the FILTER RESET button next to the Check Filter LED and hold for approximately 2 seconds until the light turns off.
When the LED illuminates and is flashing, it is time to replace the HEPA Filter and reset the filter monitor. With the unit powered ON, press FILTER RESET button and hold for approximately 2 seconds until the light turns OFF.
Can I wash any of the filters in my Air Purifier?
No. Washing any of the filters will ruin them.
My air purifier is starting to make noise and the air output is less. What is wrong?
The filters may be dirty. High amounts of contaminants can block the pores in the filter and stop the air from moving through it. Replace the HEPA filters and clean/wash the pre-filters.
How to long should I run my air purifier?
The air purifier will be most effective when doors and windows are closed. It is recommended that you run your air purifier while you are at home to help clean the air. If desired or conditions warrant, you may run your air purifier 24 hours a day.