MistMate™ Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier (HUL520)
Question: My unit isn’t producing any output. What should I do?
Answer: Make sure your unit is plugged in and turned on and the outlet has power. Also make sure to check there’s water in the unit, it’s on a level surface and there aren’t mineral deposits on the nebulizer. Be sure the tank is securely placed on the base.
Question: How do I clean my HUL520 Cool Mist Humidifier?
Follow the step by step instructions below to clean your Honeywell MistMate Cool Mist Humidifier. You can also view the How to Clean video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q775_Froslg&t=18s (below instructions are from the manual)
1. Turn off and unplug humidifier. Never clean the humidifier when it is running.
2. Remove Water Tank and empty completely.
2. Remove Water Tank from Base. Remove Tank Cap, taking care that black rubber Cap Seal does not come off. Empty water from Water Tank and Base.
4. Add 2 cups of undiluted distilled white vinegar to Water Tank. Replace Tank Cap and swish vinegar solution around in Tank. Place Tank on Base. Vinegar solution will drain into Water Reservoir and loosen mineral buildup (scale) on Nebulizer and Float as they soak in the solution. It will also loosen scale on bottom of Water Tank.
5. Soak for 20 minutes.
6. After soaking, unlock Tank Cap and pour solution out in sink. Pour solution from Water Reservoir out in sink. Wipe Nebulizer and Float with soft cloth to remove loosened mineral deposits.
7. Rinse Water Reservoir and Water Tank until smell of vinegar (for Scale Removal process) or bleach solution (for Disinfecting process) is gone. Make sure water does not enter the fan opening (vented opening in back of base) or Power Knob.
Follow Steps 1-3 in Scale Removal Instructions in previous section.
For Step 4: Add ½ tsp of bleach to ½ gallon (1.9L) of water and add to Water Tank. Replace Tank Cap. Swish solution around in Tank. Place Tank on Base. Bleach solution will drain into Water Reservoir and will disinfect Water Reservoir and other components as they soak.
NOTE: Using more than 1/2 tsp. of bleach per 1/2 gallon of water may result in damage to your humidifier. See steps 5-7 in Scale Removal Instructions in previous section to complete Disinfecting process.
NOTE: Do not mix vinegar and bleach solutions together. Scale Removal and Disinfecting must be done separately.
Air Purifiers & Filters
Humidifiers & Filters