Honeywell Humidifiers: Adding to the comforts of home.
Relative humidity (RH) is the amount of moisture in the air compared to how much moisture the air can hold. The higher the RH, the more humid it feels.
The warmer the air, the more moisture it can hold. That's why it feels more humid in the summer. Cold air does not hold as much moisture as warm air. In cold winter months, a humidifier can add moisture to the room air, making the room feel more comfortable. Raising the humidity level in a cool, dry room also makes it feel warmer.
Keeping indoor humidity levels between 40-60% has many benefits:
- Helps temporarily relieve dry air discomforts - Offers an effective solution to counteract the effects of dry harsh winter air by adding essential moisture to any room.
- Comfortable humidity helps temporarily relieve congestion and cough.
- Comfortable humidity helps keep throat and nasal passages hydrated -Helps you breath better and sleep more comfortably.
- Helps keep plants healthier - Using a humidifier helps return moisture to the air promoting plant growth.
- Helps reduce static electricity - Returning moisture to dry air helps reduce static shocks.
- Helps protect furniture - low humidity causes wood to lose moisture and shrink. Extreme changes can cause warping and cracking.