Below, are some tips to help you use your humidifier to find the ideal humidity level for your home comfort.
- Use a hygrometer to monitor the humidity level in your room. The ideal humidity level is 40-60%. A Honeywell Humidity Monitor displays the current indoor humidity level and temperature.
- Choose a location where you can easily access water for refilling the tank.
- Never add essential oils in the tank of any humidifier. The oils can damage the humidifier and void the warranty.
- Exceeding a 60% humidity level can cause condensation around the humidifier, on walls and nearby surfaces. If this occurs, open a door and turn the humidifier off or down.
- Do not move your humidifier when it is full. Always pour water out of the tank and reservoir before moving it.
- If you have hard water, be sure to clean your humidifier regularly to remove scale. Mineral buildup on a heating element (warm mist models) or nebulizer (ultrasonic models) can cause the mechanism to run inefficiently or fail prematurely.