You are now being redirected to everydropwater.com. EveryDrop™ by Whirlpool® features superior PUR water filtration technology. Proceed to Everydropwater.com to complete your purchase
Cool Mist Humidifiers
The below information can be used for our ultrasonic filter free cool mist humidifiers.
Top Fill Plus (HUL588) | Top Fill (HUL585) |Ultra Comfort (HUL545) |Ultra Plus (HUL565) |Reflection (HUL900) |Designer Series (HUL430)
Ultra Glow Humidifier + DIffuser (HUL530) | MistMate™ (HUL520) | Mini Mist (HUL525) |Ultra Quiet (HUL535) | Easy to Care (HUL570)
Ultra Quiet (HUL233) | Top FIll (HUT220)
How To Clean
For cool mist humidifiers, periodic cleaning of the nebulizer will help them perform at their best. The nebulizer, which is a round disc found in the base of the unit, vibrates at ultrasonic speed to create mist. Over time, minerals from your water may collect on the nebulizer causing it to slow to a pace that is not enough to create mist.
- Turn off and unplug the humidifier.
- Empty water from the tank and base of the unit.
- Fill the base with undiluted white vinegar (just enough to cover the nebulizer) and let it soak for at least 20 minutes. If you see a strong mineral build up, you may want to let it soak longer. Do not run the humidifier with vinegar in it.
- Gently wipe nebulizer and reservoir area with a soft cloth to remove the mineral deposits.
- Empty the vinegar and rinse the base with water until the smell of vinegar is gone.
Product Specific FAQs
Ultra Quiet (HUL233)
How do I clean the essential oils tray?
Cleaning the essential oils is simple – gently wipe the residue from the tray.
My unit is leaking. What do I do?
Check the following items if your humidifier is leaking.
- Make sure the tank cap is securely tightened
- Check to see if the gasket is attached to the inside of cap. Contact our Consumer Relations Team at [email protected] for replacement
- Check for any cracks on the tank and contact Consumer relations for replacement, if necessary
My unit isn't producing any output. What should I do?
Check the following items if your humidifier isn't producing any mist.
- Make sure your humidifier is plugged in and turned on and the outlet has power.
- Make sure that there is water in the humidifier.
- Humidifies should be on a level surface
- Check that there are no mineral deposits on the nebulizer. If there are, follow how to clean instructions found in your manual or in the video above.
- Be sure the tank is securely placed on the base.
Ultra Quiet (HUL535)
What is the white dust on my humidifier?
High mineral content in your water, also known as hard water, may cause a white mineral residue to accumulate on surfaces in the room near the humidifier. The higher the mineral content (hardness) of your water, the greater the potential that an Ultrasonic humidifier may produce white dust. White dust is not a result of a defect or flaw in the humidifier. It is a result of the amount of mineral suspended in the water you are using.
To minimize the amount of white dust, use a mixture of distilled water with tap water in your tank.
What do I do if my humidifier has power, but I don't see mist?
The following cases could cause little or no mist:
- No water in the tank
- Unit is not level
- Mineral deposits on nebulizer; needs to be cleaned
- Power setting may be too low
What do I do if I suspect my humidifier is leaking?
Check the following items if you think your humidifier is leaking:
- Check the tank for any cracks or damage and replace if necessary.
- Make sure the cap is on tight by making sure it is on lock position.
- Check the Tank Cap to make sure the rubber gasket is in place on the tank cap.
If you have tried the above and area still experiencing issues, contact Consumer Relations. Call us at 1.800.477.0457 or email [email protected]om.