You are now being redirected to everydropwater.com. EveryDrop™ by Whirlpool® features superior PUR water filtration technology. Proceed to Everydropwater.com to complete your purchase
Designer Series HEPA Air Purifier
The below information can be used for our Designer Series HEPA tower.
How to Change the Filter
To change the A Pre-Filter and/or J HEPA filter, follow these steps:
- Remove the HEPA Filter and Pre-Filter cartridge from the Air Purifier.
- Remove fasteners holding the Pre-Filter and remove the Pre-Filter from the HEPA Filter cartridge.
- Cut a new Pre-Filter from the Universal HRF-AP1 Pre-Filter using the old Filter as a template (5.7 in x 22.5 in).
- If also replacing the HEPA Filter, discard the used HEPA Filter but keep the Pre-Filter fasteners to use on the new HEPA Filter.
- Wrap the new Pre-Filter around the HEPA Filter cartridge and secure it with the fasteners provided.
- Reinsert assembled filter cartridge into the Air Purifier. Ensure the plastic ring is on the top with the tab facing out.
When to Change the Filter
Most Honeywell Air Purifiers have a “Filter Check/Reset” indicator that alerts you when it is time to change the filter. For the Bluetooth® Smart HEPA air purifiers, you can set your mobile device to receive a reminder when it's almost time to change the filter.
As a general rule:
Pre-filters should be replaced every 3 months.
HEPA filters should be changed every 12 months.
Note: These replacement intervals are intended as guidelines only. Performance of any filter media is dependent upon the concentration of contaminants going through the system. High concentrations of contaminants such as dust, pet dander, and smoke will reduce the useful performance of the filters.
How to Reset the Filter Light
After you change your filter, the “Check Filter or “Check Pre-Filter” light will remain on until it is reset. With the unit powered ON, press and hold the Filter Reset button for 3 seconds until light turns off or stops blinking. The light will stay off until the next filter needs replacing.
How do I add essential oils to the tray?
This Designer Series Air Purifier features an Aromatherapy Tray (Essential oils not included). Follow these steps to use the Aromatherapy feature.
Add Essential Oil to the Aromatherapy Tray:
1. Open the cover of the Aromatherapy Tray.
2. Place cotton ball or other absorbing material (not included) into the tray.
3. Add a few drops of your favorite essential aroma oils (not included) onto the material.
4. Once essential oils have been added, replace the cover by aligning the larger tab with the large slot and then pressing down until it snaps in place. Aroma will be infused with the cleaner air being returned back into the room while the unit is in use.
How do I clean the aromatherapy tray?
The aromatherapy tray can be removed from the unit for easier cleaning.
- To clean the aromatherapy tray, remove the aromatherapy tray cover, and discard the absorbent materials or cotton.
- Twist the essential oils tray counter-clockwise (to the left) until it loosens, then lift it out of the unit.
- Wipe down the tray and wash it under clean tap water until it is clean.
- Insert clean essential oils tray and replace into the unit by aligning the tabs and twisting clockwise (to the right).
- Add new cotton or other aborbent material and add a few drops of essential oils if desired and replace the cover as directed above.
My air purifier is starting to make noise and the air output is less. What’s wrong?
The filters may be dirty. High amounts of particles can block the pores in the filter and stop the air from moving through it. Replace the filters. The HEPA Filters should be replaced every year and the Pre-Filter should be replaced every 3 months. Please note these are guidelines only and filters should be checked periodically as individual home conditions may vary. To help ensure the unit is performing properly, replace with Genuine Honeywell Replacement filters.
How to long should I run my air purifier?
In general, the unit will be most effective when doors and windows are closed. It is recommended that you run your air purifier while you are at home to help clean the air. If desired or conditions warrant, you may run your air purifier 24 hours a day.
Why did my air purifier suddenly turn on a higher setting?
Is the air purifier set to VOC Mode, or Auto-Set mode from the App. If it is, the unit may have sensed a higher level of VOCs or airborne particles and have adjusted the cleaning level accordingly.