You are now being redirected to everydropwater.com. EveryDrop™ by Whirlpool® features superior PUR water filtration technology. Proceed to Everydropwater.com to complete your purchase
How To Clean
For warm mist humidifiers, it is important to keep the heating element clean. When minerals build up on the heating element it may cause it to overheat and shut off. To keep your humidifier running efficiently, clean it regularly. Weekly cleaning is recommended. All maintenance should be done in the kitchen or bathroom on a water resistant surface near a faucet. To properly clean your humidifier, we recommend the separate processes of Scale Removal and Disinfecting.
If the humidifier has recently been in use on the warm setting, wait at least 20 minutes for unit to cool before beginning the cleaning process.
- Turn off and unplug humidifier. Never clean the humidifier when it is running.
- Remove Water Tank and empty completely. Remove any accessories from the water tank.
- Ensure Chimney is removed, then pour water from the Base into the sink. Be sure to pour out of the side of the Base to avoid leaking into the Control Panel.
Replace Chimney and Chimney Cover before beginning the cleaning process.
To clean the humidifier:
Scale Removal (Mineral Buildup)
- Turn off and unplug the humidifier.
- Remove the water tank, the cooling chamber, and the removable tray.
- Fill the base with undiluted white vinegar so the heating element is submerged. Do not submerge the motor in any liquid.
- Let the heating element soak in the vinegar for at least 20 minutes. Never turn the unit on while you are cleaning. If there is excess mineral buildup on the heating element you can soak for several hours or overnight.
- While still soaking in the vinegar, take a soft bristled brush and scrub off any minerals on the heating element.
- Gently wipe Nebulizer, Heating Element and Reservoir area with a soft cloth or paper towel to remove loosened minerals.
- Empty and rinse thoroughly with water until the smell of vinegar is gone.
- Add 1 teaspoon of bleach to 1 gallon (3.8L) of water and add to Water Tank.
- Replace Tank Cap and swish bleach solution in Tank to coat the inside of the Water Tank.
- Place Tank on Base, allowing solution to drain into the Water Reservoir. Soak for 20 minutes.
- Remove Water Tank and empty solution into sink.
- Ensure Chimney is removed, then pour solution fromthe Base into the sink. Be sure to pour out of the side of the Base to avoid leaking into the Control Panel.
- Rinse Tank and Reservoir area with clean water untilthe smell of bleach is gone.
Easy to Care Warm Mist (HWM440/HWM445)
What should I do if the power is on, but there isn’t any mist coming from my humidifier?
If mist isn’t coming from the unit, but the power is on, be sure to have waited 1 minute for water to reach boiling point and steam to appear.
Why does my product keep shutting down?
Your float may not be installed correctly. Press float into place. You should be able to hear a soft click when the float is placed correctly.
What should I do if little or no mist is coming from my humidifier?
If there is little or no mist coming from your humidifier, please check the following:
- There is water in the tank.
- Unit is on a level surface so float mechanism can function properly.
- Check to be sure heating element is not covered in mineral buildup and unit needs cleaning.
- Check to be sure there is water in the tank
- Be sure unit is level so float mechanism can function properly .
- Check to make sure your float is installed correctly. When pressing the float into place, you should be able to hear a soft click when the float is placed correctly.
- Check to be sure heating element is not covered in mineral buildup
What does it mean when the reset light is illuminated?
When your humidifier is out of water, the Reset Light will illuminate. To reset, please refer to the following steps:
- Turn Power OFF.
- Pour up to 1.5 gallons of water into the Fill Area.
- Wait 5 minutes and turn the power ON.
- Check to be sure there is water in the tank
- Reset the humidifier – turn power off, fill with cool water, wait 5 minutes for heating element to cool, turn power back on
- Check to be sure the heating element is not covered in mineral buildup
NOTE: IF THE RESET LIGHT IS STILL ON, THE HEATING ELEMENT MAY NEED TO BE CLEANED. FOR CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE REFER TO THE “HOW DO I CLEAN MY HUMIDIFIER” SECTION OF THE FAQ’S AND YOUR OWNER’S MANUAL.
What do I do if water is overflowing from the reservoir?
If you notice water overflowing from the reservoir, check to make sure the float is securely installed, by repositioning the red tab in channel guides and pushing down to secure.
What should I do if condensation is forming around the humidifier or my windows?
If you notice condensation forming around your humidifier or windows, lower the mist setting and open a door.